Mergers have a poor record of success. Research shows that most failures occur because of poor people and organisational management. This may begin with a failure to understand, assess and address key differences between the ways the companies have been run. And it may be a failure to plan for the sensible integration of the organisations' cultures and people management.
Please contact us if you would like to:
- Assess the areas in which the organisations may be incompatible and experience difficulty.
- Track the consolidation process as it occurs, holding up a mirror from which the organisation can learn in real time.
- Identify the scope for merger-related management development.
- Manage the integration of personnel polices and practices.
- Develop a merger plan for human resources.
- Deal with the casualties of the stressful merger process.
- Brief managers on how to handle the transition curve of people's emotions.
- Advise on communication media and messages.
- Identify high-flying talent that must be protected in the turmoil.
- Take advantage of the merger to create structured learning opportunities.
- Handle terminations with dignity and care.