How we add value
- Improving the governance, leadership, management and performance
of organisations is crucial to a sustainable future for business
- Most improvement opportunities come from addressing organisational
performance factors. Management performance at the individual level is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for successful organisational performance.
- The organisation context and the 'system' is (almost) everything where performance
improvement is concerned. Generic interventions with individuals have limited value.
- Understanding an organisation's realities and its spread
of 'world-views' is paramount when planning interventions, including
acknowledging the 'dark side' of people and organisations.
- Training should be integrated with other interventions. Training individuals cannot alone produce organisational
- Opportunities to improve performance are more often found
in the spaces between people and functions than in individuals
- Organisations' problems and opportunities are unique, so
their solutions need to be too.
- We work strategically with organisations and their top management
as clients, rather than with individual employees.
We are concerned with the performance of individuals in
the context in which they are functioning, not in isolation. We do not run generic
We are pulled forward by future possibilities and progressive
We use our own distinctive and well-researched perspectives
(see menu) on familiar management subjects.
We have a strong research arm and use robust diagnosis.
We apply leading-edge thinking before it has been commercially
None of our work is a simple repeat of a previous assignment.
All entails new learning for all parties.
- Large high-street bank
- International airlines
- Major building society
- Family-owned electrical contractor
- Large high-street retailer
- South African insurance company
- Los Angeles based cruise operation
- Canadian electrical switchgear manufacturer
- Software company
- Ferry operation
- Traditional UK insurance company
- Department of Trade and Industry
- Department for Education and Employment
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Royal Air Force
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Various local authorities